Terms and Conditions
Please read it carefully, because it affects your legal rights. If you choose to retain and use the CultureMee app (the “App”) or website (the “Website”), you are accepting that these terms of service are legally binding on you.
In these terms, the following words and phrases shall be interpreted as stated in this section unless plainly intended otherwise. The word “including” shall be interpreted to mean “including without limitation.” Any word implying a gender shall incorporate any and all genders including neuter. The word “or” shall be interpreted to mean “and/or.” Any word implying a singular or plural shall be interpreted to apply to the singular and the plural.
Safety is a number 1 priority for CultureMee. Please do not use CultureMee in any unsafe way, for example while driving as this may distract you. While we all love to share stories about culture, remember that CultureMee is fundamentally about connecting people more than profiles, so please try to use CultureMee in moderation.
Copyright is something we take very seriously, so please obtain the owner’s permission if sharing any content on our CultureMee platform (e.g. Sharing youtube videos). CultureMee is not liable for any 3rd party content used. It is the responsibility of each user to comply with 3rd party copyright laws. If you notice someone has inappropriately used copyrighted information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to investigate this in a timely manner.
We try our best to prevent inappropriate videos being uploaded by regularly checking content uploaded to our CultureMee platform. We are also in the process of having automated checks built in to prevent inappropriate content from being uploaded in the first place. However, if somehow you see any inappropriate content, while in the CultureMee app, just click on the top right corner and select “Flag as inappropriate” and this video will be immediately sent to us and we will review it asap. We take all inappropriate content very seriously, and this includes, amongst others:
– Pornographic or sexually explicit material
– Racist material or any material which causes incitement to hatred
– Copyrighted material uploaded without the owner’s permission
The above list is not exhaustive but any notifications of inappropriate content from users will be taken seriously. CultureMee is not liable for any 3rd party content used.
Any users posting inappropriate content will be liable to have their account suspended or deleted. The CultureMee team reserve the right to suspend or delete users and also reserve the right to take down any content deemed inappropriate.
Visas and Vaccinations
CultureMee draws particular attention to vaccination and visa advice. Vaccination advice is obtained from wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention) and visa information is obtained from Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites. While CultureMee endeavours to provide accurate information at all times, from time to time some updates may not be included in a timely manner in the App and Website. In these instances, CultureMee does not take any responsibility for any omissions or errors and nothing contained in this App or Website shall be interpreted as advising you. Please visit national Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites or the wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel website for the most up to date information.
- If we make any changes to these Terms, we will notify you, and we welcome your feedback. After notifying you of any changes, your continued use of the App or Website constitutes your agreement to the altered Terms.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time for any use we deem to be illegal, obscene, threatening or harmful to us. Termination by us for such misuse by you does not reduce or waive our legal rights under these Terms or at law or equity.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland without regard to conflict of laws provisions and all disputes will be settled according to the law of the Republic of Ireland and in a court located in the Republic of Ireland. You submit to the personal jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland for this purpose.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior agreements. We disclaim any implied warranties, and you waive any additional rights, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- If any portion of this agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of the agreement shall not be affected and shall continue in full force and effect.
- Any failure by us to enforce the terms of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any term or right on our part.
- We may freely transfer or assign any or all of our rights under this agreement in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- This agreement does not confer any rights upon any third parties regardless of their connection to you. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the App.
- We will not be liable to you for any special, incidental, unforeseen, consequential, exemplary damages or lost profits in connection with your use of the App. In all cases, our damage to you shall be limited to the lesser of €100 or the actual amount of money you have paid us during the course of your use of the App.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates, directors, officers and other users in connection with damages caused to you by the actions of third parties including other users of the App and for any of our actions or omissions committed without malicious intent.
When you post, upload or use in connection with the App any content created by you, including photos, stories, text, blog posts, video, audio, media, personal information, event information, social media content or connections (“Content”), you grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid-up license to use the Content in connection with the App and our business, online or offline, including in business we may develop in the future. You give this license in consideration of your free use of the app, and you understand that we will not compensate you further for the license.
Some platforms including Apple and Google, and the laws of some jurisdictions, grant you the right to limit our use of your Content. These rights are reflected in the options and settings that you may change within the App. We also provide you the option to limit or disallow the sharing of some or all of your photos. You may not limit our use of your Content beyond the rights granted to you under the law or the rules of your platform or the options granted by us in the App, even if you delete or discontinue using the App.