🇺🇸 CultureMee @ Travel Startups Travel API & Micro-Services Travel Tech Symposium | Miami USA
💡 It’s time to open your eyes to the power of culture at the touch of a button.
We are delighted to announce the launch of our CultureMee api which we we unveiled at the the Travel Startups Travel API & Micro-Services Tech Symposium in Miami Florida.
The Travel Startups Travel API & Micro-Services Travel Tech Symposium was held in the Amadeus offices in Miami USA on 30th April 2019.
Travel Startups Incubator® (TSI) ran a 1-day API & Micro-Services, Travel Technology Symposium, part of their 2019 Innovation Program.
They brought together TSI innovation partners from the leading TMC’s, Corporate Travel Managers, GDS’s, OTA’s, Travel Platforms and vetted global travel technology startups looking to pilot and license technology through APIs and micro-services.
This included many of the largest TMCs including BCD Travel, CWT and American Express Global Business Travel. It also included some of the largest Corporate Travel Buyers such as EY Global.
It was a fantastic event, and you can really feel how business travel is already embracing new ideas in a way not seen before.
Our big take-aways:
– With the move to the API economy, the bigger players are opening themselves up which is an incredible opportunity for any travel start-up. BCD really seem to have nailed this with Solution Source, but in future this model will probably be the rule rather than the exception.
– The big players in business travel are actually really supportive of start-ups. If you’ve got a good idea, and their customers are interested, then anything is possible.
– It was the first time in a long time that the top 3 largest TMCs and one of the largest travel buyers (EY) were on a panel, and it was brilliant. There were so many powerful learnings for any travel start-up, especially the importance of getting out there and going to these kind of conferences.
– The format was excellent. Circa 60 people and lots of one on one meetings.
Learn more about the event here:
- Welcome To Japan 🇯🇵: The Home Of Culture Shock! So you have just arrived in Japan, the home of culture shock. What are you going... posted on March 12, 2018
- Hofstede and Culture “Studying culture without experiencing culture shock is like practicing swimming... posted on November 5, 2017
- Joe Dalton | Dublin City FM Business Eye | Radio Interview Joe Dalton Business Coach Interviews John Lee From CultureMee | Dublin South FM posted on July 12, 2019
- What The 🌍 Construction Industry Taught Me About Culture There is a lot the construction industry can teach us about working across cultures. An... posted on August 7, 2018
- Food Culture Shock: From Tarantulas In Cambodia To Pork With Dried Pig's Blood In Ireland Picture: Chicken's feet anyone? I’ve eaten some pretty strange stuff in my time travellin... posted on August 21, 2018
- 🌍 CultureMee: Global Youth Travel Awards Winner 🚀 CultureMee has been announced as a winner of the Global Youth Travel Awards in t... posted on September 22, 2018
- If Carlsberg Did Cultural Screw-ups... It’s that time of year again, where it’s good to look back on the year gone by, and g... posted on December 16, 2018
- Overtourism: Not Just A Quantity Issue Have you ever caught a glimpse of the Mona Lisa in the Louvre museum in Paris? Thos... posted on September 28, 2018
- 🇬🇧 CultureMee Interviewed by "Heathrow: Britain's Busiest Airport" Thank you to all the ITV and Raw team for interviewing John from CultureMee in Heathr... posted on April 10, 2019
- How To Avoid Being Drowned By The Cultural Tsunami 🌊 Imagine being one of the people here in this photo. You are completely unaware tha... posted on November 21, 2018